Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The latest storm brings over 36" of fresh snow. As usual, around the house it has drifted much deeper. I suit up, carefully open the kitchen door, and dig my way out and up to allow some light in through the french doors. The bank is now well over my head, so I need to heave the snow up and away over 8 feet. Now,, I have a well dug by the door, I needed to dig stairs into the snow so I could climb out to deall with some of the other windows, and to make a real exit for this doorway.

Diane peers out from the newly excavated door. I only had the energy for one of the doors, and the door sill area beneath the snow pile to keep the slowly melting snow from leaking under the bottom of the door and into the house. I'm standing at the 2nd floor level - now the base snow level around the house outside. I trudge over to the 2nd floor deck off the bedroom, and walk right over the railing to remove snow from in front of that door too.

Here is the 2nd floor deck - the french door obscured by drifting snow. I dig this out along with the front window, then come in to warm up.

1 comment:

Healthcare and IT Professionals said...

Hi,

I appreciate the skills of your blog writing and the time sharing with us.
I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
Plastic Card